Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
15 days until Election Day.
Election officials in Jacksonville Florida must not have done the required Logic and Accuracy testing on all of their optical scan machines to be used in early voting. Nearly half of the optical scan machines in use in the city failed because they indicated the ballot was too long. This is clearly an error that should have been discovered in pre-election Logic and Accuracy testing. The problem is also being reported in other counties in the state and is being attributed to the machines purchased by the state.
Voters in Houston Texas were faced with long lines for the first day of early voting. Long-lines in some voting sites caused by failures of the computers used to check-in the voters. There were also some reports of voters who voted straight-party Democrat only to find that their Presidential selection was given to the Republican....
- Featured - FL: Jacksonville - Early Voting off to Rough Start
- Featured - FL: Leon County - Ballots not being recorded at two Leon County polling places
- Featured - TX: Houston - Voters turn out in force for historic campaign
- Featured – WV: Ireland Says No Major Problems With Early Voting
- National: Snopes confirms danger of Straight Ticket Voting (STV)
- National: Are voting machines reliable? DVICE looks at every type --- in every state
- National: Obama Assembles U.S.'s 'Largest Law Firm' to Monitor Election
- National: Heavy Voter Turn Out Nationwide Could Cause Delays at Polls
- National: YouTube, PBS urge Americans to record voting problems
- National: Class voting hacks prompt call for better audits
University exercise illustrates the potential for electronic vote tampering
- National: Eight Years After Bush v. Gore, Why is There Still So Much Election Litigation and What Does This Mean for Voter Confidence in the Electoral Process?
- National: CountTheBallots (CTB) Calls for 'Citizen Audits' on Election Day - Warns of Widespread Fraud
- National: Protect Your Vote - Carry This Number
- AL: Bulging voter lists invite election fraud
- AZ: Arizona expects less wait at polls
Early balloting, more sites aim to reduce winding lines
- AZ: Pima County - Help AZ Candidate Restore US Election Integrity
- CA: County registrars are scrambling to keep up with new voter rolls
In some California counties, officials are doubling up on polling machines, ballots and workers, and even hiring people to direct traffic.
- CO: Colorado will be under watchful eyes of media, monitors on Election Day
- FL: Long lines, a few glitches mark start of early voting in South Florida
- FL: Duval County - Machine Problems Plague 1st Day Of Early Voting
Metro Counties See Brisk Turnout, No Problems
- FL: Miami-Dade County - Early voting draws lines at some Dade polling places
- FL: Past voting gaffes put Palm Beach County in spotlight
- FL: Pasco County - Early Voting Turnout Higher Than Expected
- GA: Ga. secretary of state faces slew of voter issues
- IL: Early voting in DuPage exceeds expectations
- MD: Md. US attorney creates election fraud task force
- NJ: NJ Judge Allows Release of Princeton Report Critical of Sequoia Voting Systems
Sequoia Counters With a Strongly Worded Response That Does Not Answer The Critical Question: Do Their Machines Count Votes Accurately?
- NJ: Editorial: Our election systems still beset by flaws
- NV: Washoe County - Early voters line up to cast their election ballots
- NY: State finds some county election boards unprepared
Schuyler among 18 county offices across state checked by officials
- NY: Ulster County - Kingston, Ulster towns get nailed in voting upgrade
County passes on cost of 2009 election
- PA: Pennsylvania Secretary of the Commonwealth Outraged at Partisan Lawsuit Attempting to Undermine Voter Confidence
- PA: Allegheny County says voting machines ready
- SC: League questions voting machines
- TX: Big Texas turnout on first day of early voting
- TX: Denton County voters urged to use paper ballots
- TX: Galveston - Voting Rights Watch: Post-Ike displacement could cause voting problems for Galveston
- UT: Study: Utah vote devices unreliable
- VA: Local precincts bracing for flood of voters
Registrar officials have had to get more voting equipment and poll workers to handle the crowds.
- WV: Paperless Electronic Voting Machines Flipping Votes from Obama to McCain in West Virginia
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**