Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
12 days until Election Day.
This morning there were two press releases from Pennsylvania. The links were broken so I have re-posted those articles to the top and added ‘tinyurls’.
Hispanic voters in Nevada are getting calls to tell them they can vote over the phone. The callers, Spanish speakers, claim they are from one party yet the information they are passing on is clearly false and meant to disenfranchise the unwary voter.
Sequoia Voting Systems appears to be in the middle of another huge problem in Washington DC. They printed and mailed the Districts absentee ballots. It seems that either ballots were misprinted and races were left off or the wrong ballots were sent to voters in the right wards. ...
- PA: Press Release - Coalition of Voters and Civil Rights Groups File Federal Lawsuit in Pennsylvania Seeking Emergency Paper Ballots
- PA: Pennsylvania Department of State Debunks Myths Associated With Election, Voting
- National: ELECTION 2008: Recount Veteran Muses on Florida Legal Battles
- National: Errors, mischief could lead to long election night
- National: Opinion - Resources So All Can Vote
- National: Election Day Could Become 'Nightmare'
- National: How you can conduct a voter-verifiable election online, right now
- National: Big Setbacks for GOP Voter Suppression Efforts in Swing States
- National: How can we fight voter suppression?
- AR: St. Francis County - Poll workers, voters discuss early-voting process in SFC
- AZ: Out-of-state, Out of Luck?
- CA: Orange County - Wells Fargo will use employees as poll workers in 'corporate sponsorship' deal with Orange County
- CO: El Paso County - No margin for errors
More near-misses and mistakes highlight election-related pressures
- DE: Opinion - Rumor about election malfunctions sparks extra inspections
- FL: Voting Rights Watch: Controversy intensifies over Florida voter ID requirements
- FL: Polk and Sarasota Counties - Some voters are mailed incomplete ballots
- GA: Can’t ‘Video Your Vote’ in Ga.
- MD: Election officials brace for historic turn-out
- NJ: E-Vote: Clash Over New Jersey Voting Machine Reliability
- NV: Voting controversy surfaces
Issue concerns those who registered with missing, incorrect information
- NY: Voter Groups Issue Election Report Card
- PA:Federal Lawsuit Finally Filed Against PA to Demand Emergency Paper Ballots for Voters
NAACP, Voting Rights Coalition Demand Paper Ballots If 'Majority' of Voting Machines Fail
- PA: Turnout may be both blessing and curse
Valley officials gird for record numbers --- and maybe gridlock --- at local polls.
- PA: State fights two lawsuits over voting rights
- PA: Cortes Responds to Voter Fraud Suit Allegations
- PA: Lawsuit: Paper ballots should be on hand in Pa.
- PA: Wayne County - County sells electronic voting machines
- TN: ES&S Voting Machines in Tennessee Flip Votes
- TX: Harris County - For more, a vote along party line is just the ticket
Lengthy ballot here is cited as one impetus for straight voting
- WV: Who's to blame for jumping votes on WV touchscreen machines?
- WV: Voters allege e-voting machines switching votes
- WV: Vote Flips 5 Times From Dem to Rep for Voter in Yet Another WV County
Epidemic of ES&S iVotronic Touch-Screen Voting Machine Failures - Now in At Least Two States - Continues to Grow...
- Washington DC: Ballot snafu could affect D.C. absentee voters
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**