Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
11 days until Election Day.
Two voters in Palo Pinto Co Texas have now reported that their straight party vote was flipped to another party. These are ES&S iVotronic machines. The same machines used to flip votes in West Virginia and South Carolina. Every voter needs to skip straight-party voting if they have that option and every voter needs to review their ballot on the touch-screen before touching that final “Vote” button.
Every day there seems to be one or two articles, mostly in the tech magazines and blogs, about the New Jersey/Princeton/Sequoia report. While Sequoia is probably not happy seeing these articles out there, I’m sure they are breathing a sigh of relief that the report only spent a very small time talking about the real reason the report was done in the first place; their voting machines failed to accurately count the votes in 9 counties on 38 different voting machines. This should NOT be a security issue. This IS an accuracy/reliability issue....
- Featured – TX: Palo Pinto County - Concerns raised over electronic voting
- National: What To Do If You See Voting Machines Flipping Votes
- National: Rabbinical Association Urges States and Fed To Protect Voter Rights
- National: Brennan Center: 2008's Voter Suppression Incidents So Far
- National: How Safe Is This Election?
- National: Furor over ACORN allegations gaining momentum
- National: Sequoia’s Voter Consternation Drive
- National: States prepare for record voter turnout
At election offices across the country, phones are ringing off the hook.
- National: Protecting the right to vote in America
The effort to enforce the democratic one-person, one-vote principle
- National: Long lines, glitches reported during early voting
- National: How substantial might the electronic election fraud be?
- National: Both sides gird for legal challenges in US election
- National: Miss., Ala. counties have more voters than adults
- AR: Voters and poll workers urged to check ballots for correct races during early voting
- AR: Faulkner County - Check twice before you vote
- CO: Colorado election snafu roundup: Clerks resort to robocalls to fix bad registrations
- CO: La Plata County - Sinister Intent or Just Total Incompetence? The Republicans Have Stolen at Least One Vote in Colorado…My Wife's
- FL: Florida Man Sells Voting Machines and Chads from 2000 Election
- FL: Florida voting back in spotlight this Election Day
- FL: Déjà vu on day 5: Long early voting lines in in South Florida
- FL: South Florida: Daily Increases In Early Voting
- FL: Broward County - Officials take measures to reduce wait times at some voting sites
- FL: Early voting in the rain in Palm Beach County
- FL: Palm Beach County - Fears of voting chaos grow in county at centre of notorious 2000 recount
Lost ballot papers, faulty electronic counting machines and election lawsuits - not the famous Florida recount of 2000 but a local election still unresolved after two months.
- GA: Lines remain long as early voting continues
- GA: Official: Glitch led to flood of ID checks
Voter verifications: Georgia’s secretary of state says her office made 747,106 requests, not nearly 2 million.
- IN: LDF Secures Voting Rights That Protect Foreclosure Victims
- IN: Judge keeps early voting in place
- MN: Election official: Group tied to ex-MN Secretary of State Kiffmeyer aims to ‘keep people from voting’
- NJ: Editorial - Electronic Voting: The Possibility of a Hack
- NJ: Opinion - Rebuttal doesn't hack it
- NJ: Study: Sequoia e-voting machines disturbingly easy to hack
- NJ: Payne calls on secretary of state to extend voting hours
- NJ: NJ black clergy concerned over election readiness
- OH: Bush, Boehner Want DOJ to Look Into Ohio Voting
- OH: Ohio's tangled election rules remain ripe for lawsuits
- OH: LTTE – LWV - The real threat to voters
- OH: Ohio group drops lawsuit over voter ID
- PA: Why can't us?: No early voting makes Pa. vote crucial
- PA: Pa. lawsuit seeks paper backup Nov. 4
- PA: Voters’ rights groups sue state
- SC: Election Commission says South Carolina Has Enough Voting Machines
- UT: Vote of confidence: Utah officials dismiss study on election readiness
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**