Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
4 days until Election Day.
Georgia has, again, had problems with their voter registration database. This time there were between 500 and 1000 voters, depending on reports, who were left standing in line for two hours while they waited for Fulton Co. officials to reestablish connection with the state’s computer system. This will be a huge problem on election day and may cause thousands of voters to give-up and go home. Let’s hope not.
I never imagined that I would find myself agreeing with anything that John Fund had to say but in our ‘Featured’ article Fund wrote one graf that gives me hope for the guy. He said, “Independent, nonpartisan groups, as well as candidates and parties, should be authorized to appoint poll watchers to observe the election and the vote tabulation. All vendors who supply voting machines and computer software should be required to undergo investigation for financial security and integrity. Clear rules for identifying what constitutes a vote and procedures for contesting an election result must be developed by each state”....
- Featured – GA: Voting problems hit Atlanta’s Adamsville Rec Center
- Featured - National: This election could be worse than 2000 Florida
POINT OF VIEW Election system
- National: Top Officials 'Doing The Right Thing' For Voters
- National: Early & Absentee Voting Scandals in D.C. & L.A.
- National: Provisional Ballots Could Decide Election This Year
- National: Editorial - Won't get fooled again?
- National: When Bad Things Happen to Good Voters - A Tale of Two Students
- National: Legal volunteers hope to ensure a fair election
- National: Provisional balloting could slow elections
Tabulation differences threaten election results
- CO: Colorado Agrees to Restore Voters to Rolls
- CO: Provisional ballots are piling up, but many may never be counted
- CO: Purged Colorado Voters Will Be Able to Vote
- CO: Summit County - Some Summit County ballots lost in the mail
- CT: UConn, MIT help tackle voting tech security
- FL: Avalanche of attorneys arrive to monitor state polls
- FL: Democrats join lawsuit to block GOP challenges to Florida voters
- FL: Democrats sue GOP over voter challenges
- FL: Greer jeers Dems lawsuit
- GA: Computer glitch leaves Atlanta voters waiting
- IN: Vanderburgh County - Party Call for Paper Ballots Election Night
- MO: Lawyers eye Missouri on Tuesday
- OH: Election results may not be in on Tuesday
- OH: Justice Dept. sides with Brunner on registrations
- OH: Fear of system crash halts Ohio registration-fraud check
- PA: Cortes Applauds Court's Ruling In Voter Fraud Suit
- PA: Cortes Says Court's Decision Affirms Department's Position in Voter Activity Case
- PA: Four Counties Ban Cameras From Voting Polls
Cell Phone Cameras Banned, Too
- SC: Spartanburg County - Long line snaps in spat over vote
- TX: Vote is in for many Texans
1 million more have cast ballot than did by this point in 2004
- TX: Bell County - Early voting totals reach record level
- VA: Virginia Election Board Counters Attempts to Mislead Voters
- VA: Va. GOP Fights Election Lawsuit
Party Says NAACP's Bid for More Resources Favors Democrats
- VA: Dual registrations surface in Virginia
Virginia voters have requested Pennsylvania absentee ballots.
- WA: King County - Election woes: Double ballots, uncertified machines
- WA: Tuesday election a huge test for King County after 2004 mistakes
- If there's one thing King County election officials don't want, it's a repeat of 2004. The governor's race between Christine Gregoire and...
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**