Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Voters in New York must be very concerned. They have just taken part in the last election for their beloved lever voting machines. Those machines will be replaced by a voting system from one of the vendors who has provided the machines that failed in counties across the country. It cannot be a good feeling to go from the big, clunky mechanical machines to a system that is computer based and prone to error and failure.
Boulder Co Colorado is still counting ballots. They have over 60,000 ballots left of the approximately 166,000 originally cast. Their Hart eScan machines seem to be affected by dust from the paper ballots and they have not figured out that a can of pressurized air might solve all of their problems. They hope to be done with their count sometime tomorrow or Saturday.
Also still counting ballots is Hillsborough Co Florida which is feeding ballots into their Premier/Diebold optical-scan machines one-at-a-time because the system bogs down if they are fed by batches. The Supervisor of Elections has now conceded his re-election in this county and there is talk about a lawsuit against Premier/Diebold....
- National: Voting Rights Watch: Election Protection calls for voting reform
- National: Voting Problems in the 2008 Presidential Election
- National: Voting rights advocates: reform needed
- AK: Stolen election in Alaska?
- AR: Benton County - Voting blemished by minor glitches
[More votes cast than voters voted in two precincts – ES&S iVotronics]
- AR: Carroll County - Williams, Link ousted in general election
- CA: Manual tallies of ten percent of the ballots required in CD 4 & SD 19
- CO: Boulder County - 60,000 ballots remain uncounted in Boulder
- CO: Boulder County - Counters ‘need sleep’
Paper dust still slowing down the count
- CT: A Long Valuable Day As An Election Official
- FL: Hillsborough County - Governor asked to intervene in Hillsborough elections
- FL: Buddy Johnson loses Hillsborough elections supervisor seat
[Possible lawsuit against Diebold/Premier announced]
- NV: Washoe County - Official: no votes lost in Washoe County due to blank cartridges
- OR: Oregon To Conduct First Ever Partial Hand Recount
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**