Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
One of the benefits of the Help America Vote Act of 2002 is supposed to be that voters with disabilities can now vote without assistance and in private. It is supposed to be that way but, in truth, it is not. Many federal, state and county election officials don’t seem to care that special voting machines don’t comply with federal law, that they are not set-up on election day, or that they just don’t work and poll workers have no idea how to make them work. It is as if those machines are a hindrance that some federal law requires be at the polls. Our featured article tells the stories of a couple voters with disabilities and their travails at the polls last week....
- Featured - National: More Election Stories: Double Trouble
- National: A Preliminary Analysis of OVL Voting Equipment Reports
- National: Is Voting Reform On The Horizon?
- AK: Candidates await today's vote count
30 PERCENT: Stevens' fate rests in thousands of uncounted ballots.
- AZ: Pima County - The County’s Response to Our Election-Integrity Coverage–and a Response to That
- CO: Changes in elections sought
A state panel will start looking today at how to improve the system.
- CO: Panel to look at paper ballots, all-mail voting
- CT: Secretary Of The State, Town Clerks Open To Explore Early Voting
- GA: GOP wants to protect right to vote — for right people
- GA: Trust but verify
- GA: Georgia Military Vet, American Born, Was Flagged As Non-Citizen
- GA: Georgia's "Non-Citizen" Voting Controversy: A Recap
- KS: Crawford County - Election results counted again, but race remains unresolved
- KS: Crawford County - 1 recount down, another possible
- MI: Clerks report few voting glitches
- MN: A pre-count for the Coleman-Franken recount
- MN: What's happening in Minnesota? part 6
- MN: National Republican Party Creates Conspiracy Site, Claims 'Stolen Election' in MN's U.S. Senate Race
- MO: Show Me the Votes: The Ongoing Presidential Election Tally in Missouri
- OH: Study Voting System in Ohio
- TX: Harris County - Dems sue registrar over votes for judges
Bettencourt gets flak for uncounted provisional ballots
- TX: Harris County - Judge Dismisses Lawsuit Over Provisional Ballots
- TX: Harris County - Leftover ballots could switch 2 county judicial races
- VA: Pittsylvania County - Voting machine mistake mars treasurer's election
- Washington DC: More DC Voting Problems
- Washington DC: Cheh Presses Sequoia on Voting Machines
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**