Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
The Minnesota Senatorial race is still the source of most of the news. The Minneapolis-St Paul Star-Tribune seems to have some of the best coverage of the recount. The link in the article below has not changed over the past few days but the story is constantly updated and changes as the news changes.
One of the counties that had problems on election day, readers will recall, was Kenton Co. Kentucky. You may remember that many of the county’s Hart Intercivic eSlate machines were not properly recording straight-party votes and they were taken out of service. The machines are sold, maintained and programmed by Harp Enterprises.
During an investigation of the Kenton Co problem the president of Harp told investigators that election officials in nearly 100 Kentucky counties failed to do any pre-election testing. If officials in Kenton Co had done the testing they should have found the problem that affected their machines. Of course, Harp has thrown the counties under the bus to some extent. It should have been their duty to warn the state that the testing was not happening. It is also important to note that Harp programs the machines in many of those counties so they are deflecting the blame to some extent...
- CO: Dems seek to centralize elections
- CO: Boulder County - County’s vote tally not yet official
‘Formality’ keeps board from certifying results
- GA: E-Vote Questions Linger Over Cleland's 2002 Loss
- KY: Most counties didn't test voting machines
- MN: Discerning Voter Intent in the Minnesota Recount
- MN: Why Minnesota's Recount Process is a Model for the Country
- MN: MN U.S. Senate Hand Count: Challenged Ballots by Both Franken and Coleman Balloon on Day 3
- MN: Recount, Day 4: Spilling into the weekend
- MN: Recount completed in Hubbard County
- NJ: Provisional Ballots May Tip Final Tallies
- OR: VIDEO: Citizens Oversee Election Day In Washington County, OR
- RI: R.I. Board of Elections to review ballots in disputed races
- TN: Tennessee: Election offices face impact of GOP shift
- TX: Dallas County - Bob Romano, Democratic Party sue over recount in heated Texas House race
- WV: Opinion - Betty Ireland - Voters must trust election process
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**