Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Thousands of Georgia absentee ballot requests have been denied because the voters did not sign the requests. Many of the requests are via a post-card provided by the RNC and the signature block is supposedly hard to find on the card. Over 7,000 requests have been rejected in Cobb Co and 2,800 in DeKalb Co.
Connecticut has submitted their reports done by UConn for the SoS office with regards to their voting systems to the EAC for inclusion in the “clearinghouse”. The state and the university have become good partners and are to be commended for the audits of memory cards that they accomplish before and after elections. Every state and local election official should be aware of these reports and the results of the audits. As well as being a font of good information and warnings they should also serve as a valuable example of what a state can do when they actually want to ensure that voting system problems are found. While the reports the EAC allows to be on their site are only a small portion of the reports that should be in the EACs clearinghouse, what is there is a beginning....
- Featured - National: Voting System Reports Clearinghouse
- National: Thinking ahead on electoral reform
- National: EAC Issues Best Practices for Voter Information Web Sites
- GA: Ballot requests run into a glitch
- GA: Ohio Attorney Requests Handel Hold E-voting Docs, Equipment
- HI: Hawaii voters decide today on paperless elections for boards
- KS: Shawnee County - Ballots were left in election worker's trunk
- MN: Panel to Decide Fate of Absentee Ballots in Coleman-Franken Race
- MN: Ballot counting to resume today
- MN: Sloppy Dems may spell Franken advantage
- MN: Missing ballots in MN?
- MN: Recount mixup prompts dispute in Ramsey County
- MN: Tension rises as Minn. recount enters 2nd week
- NH: Protect the Count: NH Sec of State: central tally of election results is "private SoS business" conducted in "nonpublic" rooms
- NY: Blank Ballot, and Flurry of Confusion in New Paltz
- OH: Franklin County - Several questionable ballots tossed out
- PA: Erie County - County to purge voters
Up to 10,000 from Erie County could lose eligibility
- TX: Dallas County judge to hear arguments in Texas House District 105 recount
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**