Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
The media is being fairly silent today. Hillsborough Co Florida is still in the news with some reports that there may be a million dollars of more that are missing. The county is trying to do an audit while, at the same time, an outside audit is being done. The ex-supervisor of elections claims that the outside audit will find nothing wrong (of course he will say that right up to the point that the auditors announce they found money misspent or lost).
We’ve also got reports of what may be a new problem from Montgomery Co Ohio. In this case votes were lost due to the use of a “broken” Diebold/Premier memory card. Of course, Diebold/Premier will do an investigation so they can figure out how to blame the problem on the voter or election workers....
- FL: Broward County - November election cost double what Snipes expected
- FL: Hillsborough County - Missing money angers, mystifies county commissioners
Millions missing from Supervisor of Elections office
- FL: Hillsborough County - New supervisor Busansky finds Buddy Johnson left Hillsborough elections office records in disarray
- FL: Hillsborough County - Auditor: Elections Office Unhelpful
- IN: Hamilton County - Some voting results questioned
- MN: Key Minn. lawmakers back runoff for close races
Two lawmakers said they will push legislation for runoff elections in statewide Minnesota races that end up as close as this year's Senate contest.
- MN: Lots and lots of lawyers: Legal teams preparing for Franken-Coleman election contest
- NC: Craven County - Craven elections board advertising for new director
- OH: Montgomery County - Broken memory card blamed in lost ballots
Issue raises questions about the reliability of Montgomery County's electronic voting machines.
- TN: Shelby County - Paper Trail
New law will require voters to "bubble in" their candidate.
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**