Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
A large majority of today’s news is, again, from Minnesota. The ballots are counted and lawsuits have been filed, now by both candidates. Its going to take some time for things to shake-out.
$1,850 for a ballot box? That’s what Diebold/Premier charged Hillsborough Co Florida for 220 boxes to be used with their optical-scan machines. Meanwhile other counties in Florida paid as little as $145 per box from different vendors....
- National: No more "election day"
- CA: Humboldt County - Process of replacing elections equipment officially moving forward
- FL: Broward County - Whopping election bill drains Broward's cash reserves
- FL: Hillsborough County - Buddy Johnson could face a state probe; criminal next?
- FL: Hillsborough County - Buddy's election boxes came at high price
- MN: Franken filing lawsuit to get seated
- MN: Franken Camp Makes Another Run at Election Certificate
- MN: Franken expands legal effort to get seated in Senate
- MN: Editorial - The Unknown Senator
Lessons from a photo finish in Minnesota
- MN: Opinion - Good work, but it's not over yet
- MN: Recount: Results certified, Franken up, but no senator yet
- TX: Senate Democrats losing voter ID fight
- VA: Election Headed to Recount
Republicans file petition to recount; House refuses to seat Herring.
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**