Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Now that the recent general election is completed some counties are now in the process of determining how much that election cost the taxpayers. One Colorado county reports a cost of $36.57 per vote cast. That is an amazing amount especially when much of that cost can be directly attributed to the type of voting system a county is using and the amount of “assistance” the county buys from the vendors....
- CO: Counties struggle on election costs
- MN: Senate recount: Coleman loses bid to check at least 4,500 ballots
- MN: Ritchie wants to improve Minnesota's election system
- OH: It's time to set record straight on the results of Ohio vote
Number of people at the polls, votes for Obama beat records
- PA: Franklin County - Election cycle cost $400,000
- TX: Did GOP shoot itself in foot on voter ID bill vote?
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**