Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
As our “Featured” article reports California Secretary of State Debra Bowen has sent a letter to new EAC Chair Gineen Beach. The letter has three proposals that Secretary Bowen is convinced will improve the integrity of voting systems used in the country. As stated in the article we at VotersUnite have also worked on this issue. The three proposals are that vendors should be required to disclose vulnerabilities, flaws, problems, etc. Also, the EAC should create a uniform incident reporting program. And finally, the “Election Day Survey” the states are asked to complete should include data from election officials about how their voting systems performed during a general election. We applaud Secretary Bowen for taking a stand on this issue....
- Featured - National: CA SoS Bowen sends proposals to EAC
- CO: Colorado Counties Report Rising Election Costs
- MN: Coleman lawyers predict 'very tedious' trial in MN recount
- MN: Editorial - Every vote counts
Minnesota’s Senate race is for its citizens to decide — not the U.S. Senate.
- MN: Recount trial begins
- MN: GOP lawmakers want photo ID law for voting in Minn.
- MN: GOP launches bid to require voters show ID
- MN: Opinion - In search of a problem
- MN: Republican lawmakers pushing election reform initiatives
- NJ: Bill would delay e-voting upgrades in NJ
- NJ: Opinion - It should be simple
- TN: Wheeler predicts changes in state elections
- TX: Tarrant County - Electronic voting machines gaining popularity
- WA: Editorial - John Laird Jan. 25: U.S. elections: good and getting better
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**