Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Premier/Diebold has filed a lawsuit against SysTest Labs. The voting machine vendor claims that SysTest’s loss of EAC accreditation in the middle of testing on the newest Premier voting system has wreaked havoc on Premier’s business. This should be an interesting suit.
“Even though reports from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), and dozens of computer security experts strongly and unanimously warn of insurmountable threats to the privacy and security of ballots cast over the Internet, the Washington State legislature is proposing – and fast-tracking – a bill to allow Internet voting for its military and overseas voters.” “VotersUnite does not believe in using military and overseas voters as guinea pigs in a voting scheme that has already been determined by experts to be an “essentially impossible” task given the current architecture of the Internet.” ...
- Featured - National: Electronic Voting Manufacturer Claims Testing Lab's Shoddy Work Wreaked Havoc
- Featured - WA: Washington State Legislature Proposes Using Military & Overseas Voters as Internet Voting Guinea Pigs
- National: Premier Voting v. Systest Labs Complaint For Damages and Declaratory Relief
- National: Following up with Steve Heller, formerly known as the "Diebold Whistle-blower"
- CA: Riverside County – Opinion - Redundant Tallying
State Mandate Ratchets Up Costs, Imperils Early Voting
- MI: Nonprofits Help Disenfranchised Michigan Voter Join Voter Rights Lawsuit
- MN: The myth of voter fraud
- MN: Senate recount: How much longer?
- MN: GOP: ‘No reports of voter fraud’ in Minnesota
- MS: State's suffrage law for felons remains inconsistent
- MS: Mississippi Republicans Push For Disenfranchising Polling Place Photo ID Restrictions
- NY: Do Lever Machines Provide a Better Voting System for Democracy? [.pdf]
- PA: Allegheny County - Phantom Ballot Menace
[Note: Be sure to watch the Youtube link.]
- PA: Lackawanna County - Election district changes disputed
County court will receive objections to voting district consolidation petition.
- Canada: New Rules Stopped 450,000 Canadians from Voting
Upped ID requirements may have affected some close federal races.
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**