Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Lots of news today. Ex-New Mexico SoS Rebecca Vigil-Giron has some questions to answer regarding use of funds for elections when she was in office. Colorado is talking more about going to all-paper voting in the future. Utah legislators seem to have a fear of a deluge of aliens coming into the state just to vote in their elections so they are trying to require proof of citizenship. And now the Coleman camp in Minnesota is declaring the ongoing trial as a “legal quagmire”. It doesn’t get any better than this....
- National: Federal study says all touch-screen voting machines allow undetectable hacking
- CA: Humboldt County - Counting the votes
- CO: Panel urges all-paper ballots by 2014
The proposal, which allows electronic terminals till then, is criticized as all-or-nothing.
- CO: Paper tigers
- FL: Palm Beach mayoral election recount to be made Saturday
- FL: Palm Beach mayor candidates apart by 3 votes - recount on Saturday
- GA: Lumpkin Co. may consolidate polling places
- MN: Coleman Attorney Says Election 'Fatally-Flawed'
More evidence they may be preparing an appeal strategy to call for a 'do-over' in MN's U.S. Senate Election...
- MN: Coleman Lawyer Declares Trial "A Legal Quagmire"
- MN: Tensions rise as judges reject Coleman request
Lawyers for Norm Coleman today abandoned claims involving dozens of absentee ballots rejected during the recount, and accused the three-judge panel hearing the case of creating "a legal quagmire"
- MS: Editorial - Ready to deal on voter ID
- NM: Opposition rises against same-day voter registration
- NM: Audit reveals ’severe’ problems under Vigil-Giron’s watch
- NM: Auditor: Secretary of state mishandled election funds
- NY: Who Will Win? Voting Machines Battle in Brooklyn for City Contract
- NY: The Latest Electronic Voting News for New York State
- NY: Columbia County - County presses for permission to continue lever voting
- PA: Election Worker Facing Charges In Monroe County
- PA: House wants new voting methods
- TX: Voter ID bill referred to full Senate
- TX: Sen. Williams: Voter ID measure won’t come up all that soon
- UT: Bill requiring proof of citizenship passes Senate committee
- WI: Walworth County - Voting machine problem causes delay
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**