Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
On the heels of yesterday’s announcement of a letter to the Election Assistance Commission (EAC) and a full report on the findings of an investigation by the California Secretary of State’s office, we have articles from Kim Zetter in her blog for Wired Magazine and one from one of the principles of the “Humboldt County Election Transparency Project,” Mitch Trachtenberg that is posted on The BRAD BLOG.
Yesterday I mentioned the letter sent by the Secretary of State to the EAC. In that letter is a request by Bowen that the EAC “consider requiring that, for every voting system certified by the EAC, the voting system vendor report any and all flaws and problems with the system to the EAC and to the elections officials in the states where the system is used when such flaws are discovered.” This morning I was reminded by a member of the EAC staff, who receives DVN, that in the “Testing and Certification Manual” the EAC already requires what the Secretary has suggested they require....
- Featured: CA: Report: Diebold Voting System Has 'Delete' Button for Erasing Audit Logs
- Featured: CA: E-VOTE BOMBSHELL: Diebold Tabulator Drops Votes, Allows Undetectable Audit Log Deletion
- National: Voting integrity lies
- AZ: Pima County - RTA Mysteries Resolved In April?
- CA: Diebold voting system sported 'delete' button: report
- CA: Counties scramble to cover May vote
Leaders skeptical of state promise to repay
- CA: Riverside County - County wants cash for hand count
- CO: Coffman to face state ethics panel to answer complaint
- CO: All-paper vote has its doubters
- CT: Sparks Fly Over Threat To Cut Registrars’ Hours In Half
- IL: Let's give instant run-off voting a chance at the polls in Chicago
- KY: Bullitt County - Bullitt sets aside excess funds for new voting machines
- MD: State likely to miss paper-ballot system deadline
- MN: Downballot: Wanting a do-over?
- MN: Coleman Spokesman Declares That Court Can't Certify Election Result
- MN: Opinion - Franken Won the Minnesota Senate Race; Coleman Needs to Make a Dignified Exit
- MN: Coleman: ‘Court’s going to have to reflect on’ do-over election
- MN: Minnesota Update: The System Is Broken --- Because Of This Case!
- MN: Opinion - No legal basis for Senate do-over --- yet
- MN: Coleman wonders if judges can find a winner
- MN: Team Franken Tackles The Coleman Electoral-Uncertainty Principle
- MN: Senate recount trial: Franken to move for dismissal
- MN: No legal basis for Senate do-over
- MS: Voter ID bills die in Mississippi Legislature
- NY: Elections board to recount votes in Staten Island race
- TN: Williamson County - Election bill surprises some communities
- VT: Burlington Holds Second Highly Successful Instant Runoff Voting Election
- WI: A Rock, A Hard Place, and Interim Certification
- Germany: German High Court: E-Voting Unconstitutional
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**