Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
It has been called to my attention that when I speak about the issue of ‘Voter ID’ I really mean ‘Photo ID’. Most, if not all, states require that a voter show some form of ID when they go to the polls to vote. That is a requirement that makes sense and the ID can be in the form of a driver’s license, passport, or even a utility bill. A requirement for a ‘Photo ID’ requirement for voting, based on some unsubstantiated concerns about voter fraud, is the issue. ...
- National: Voter Photo ID Issue: is it really about Voter Fraud?
- FL: Nelson takes on 'caging' vote tactic
But Duval voters are generally more confident in the election system.
- FL: Press Release - State of Florida v Ellen Brodsky Trial Begins March 11th
- IL: Vote-By-Mail Debate Heads to Illinois House Committee
- MD: Opinion - Paper ballot cuts
- MN: Costs mounting as Minnesota Senate trial drags on
- MN: Absentee Ballot Pile Shrinks in Minnesota Senate Trial
- MN: More than 80 ballots may be added to Senate election count
A review of 1,500 secrecy envelopes turned up registration cards that may now turn more than 80 rejected ballots into accepted ones.
- MN: Minnesota Finds 89 More Potentially-Countable Votes --- Don't Expect Big Swing
- MN: Franken's Lawyer Tells BuzzFlash It'll Soon Be Over. Meanwhile, "Seat the Senator" Contestants Still Wait
- NJ: New Jersey Delays Voting Machine Paper-Record Requirement
- OH: Keep Elections Honest in Ohio
- OK: Photo ID shouldn’t be required to vote
- PA: Bucks County - Raising money, awareness for voting integrity
- TX: Voter ID fights takes new shape at Capitol
Senate to tackle divisive issues in unusual session Tuesday as Republicans tout change, Democrats decry it.
- TX: Texas Watchdog documents local cases of apparent voter fraud
- UT: Bill requiring ID at polls passes Senate
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**