Guest Blogged by Ellen Theisen of VotersUnite.org
Co-Editors: Dave Klein and John Washburn.
We are thankful for the opportunity to honor the work of John Gideon by continuing the Daily Voting News. We appreciate the encouragement expressed and patience during this transition under trying times. Because multiple days are covered in this issue of the DVN, news items within a given state are in chronological order; the date of publication appears in headline of the article for this issue only.
Voter participation issues (such as photo ID and caging) have been much in the news....
- NAtional: (April 28, 2009) Majority of Americans Support Voting Reforms
- NAtional: (April 29, 2009) Expanding Voter Participation: The Roadmap is Clear
- NAtional: (April 30, 2009) RNC Wants Out of Consent Decree Prohibiting Them from Voter Caging
- NAtional: (May 1, 2009) Voting System Industry Market Failure Could Lead to Its Disappearance
- NAtional: (April 24, 2009) Sequoia WinEDS v 4.0 Test Plan
- CA: (April 29, 2009) County (Riverside) pursues voting costs
- CA: (April 29, 2009) Cuts will hurt - from elections to animal control, officials say
- CA: (April 29, 2009) Voting Changes will Save Money
- CA: (April 30, 2009) Humboldt County - Diebold/Premier's Humboldt County Termination Letters
- FL: (April 27, 2009) Democracy under Attack in Florida
- FL: (April 29, 2009) Voting 'Reform': Shadowy, Shameful Legislation
- MD: (April 30, 2009) Guarding ballot access
- MO: (April 29, 2009) UM study: Americans like early voting, voter ID proposals
- MO: (April 29, 2009) Election officials pan voter ID
- MN: (April 28, 2009) Election reform: early voting
- MS: (April 29, 2009) Mississippi needs Section 5, voter ID and early voting
- MS: (April 30, 2009) Hosemann pushes ballot initiative for voter ID By AMBER CRAIG
- MS: (April 30, 2009) Mississippi leader seeks to block voter ID
- MS: (May 1, 2009) Two lawmakers move voter ID to court
- NY: (May 2, 2009) New Yorkers and Local Governments Acting Now To Save Our Lever Voting System
- OK: (April 28, 2009) THE PEOPLE SPEAK: IDs won’t slow down election balloting
- RI: (April 30, 2009) House committees approve E-Verify, photo ID measures
- SC: (April 29, 2009) The House could take up a controversial "early voting" bill.
- SC: (April 28, 2009) Carnahan blasts voter ID bill
- TX: (April 23, 2009) Euless rep says voter ID bill will prevent fraud, boost voter participation
- TX:(April 27, 2009) First day of early voting kicks off
- TX: (April 28, 2009) House GOP Caucus: Texas must have voter ID law
- TX: (April 29, 2009) Voter ID compromise circulates on House floor
- TX: (April 29, 2009) Waco’s Doc Anderson calls for action on voter photo ID
- TX: (April 29, 2009) Republican says Voter ID bill could get stricter
- TX: (April 29, 2009) 71 Republicans issue statement on voter i.d.
- TX: (April 30, 2009) Groups already opposed to voter ID legislation reject latest version
- TX: (April 30, 2009) Compromise would allow two non-photo IDs to replace one photo ID for voting
- TX: (April 30, 2009) Voter ID compromise gets cool reception; Most House Republicans oppose delay in effective date.
- Belgium: (April 29, 2009) Fortis chiefs hit by shoes and voting machine at EGM
- India: (April 30th, 2009) Are you voting today?
- Thailand: (29 Apr 2009) Families of officers on poll duty may be deprived of right to vote
Daily Voting News was founded on February 6, 2004 by John Gideon (1947-2009). To assist with Daily Voting News, please send links to news articles to dvn-tips.
Co-Editors of the Daily Voting News, on behalf of VotersUnite.Org
"To encourage citizen ownership of transparent, participatory democracy." The Creekside Declaration. March 22, 2008
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**