Guest Blogged by Ellen Theisen of VotersUnite.org
The debate on photo voter ID in Texas continues to slow cook, and the particular question of Asian names and voter ID may have nationwide implications. Also in today’s news are two government actions (in IL and HI) that show the necessity of citizens’ persistence in demanding that the law be upheld. Andrew Appel writes about the testimony of the plaintiff’s witnesses in the NJ lawsuit, and plans to follow up with testimony of the defendant’s witnesses....
- NAtional: American Forum: Expanding Voter Participation: The Roadmap is Clear
- NAtional: Monongalia County Clerk Testifies in Washington D.C.
- NAtional: Notice of Public Meeting for EAC Board of Advisors
- CA: Voter-advocacy group praises special election
- GA: Susan E. Sneathen: Editorial wrong on voting rights
- HI: Hawaii injunction blocks use of voting machines until rules set
- IL: NO MEANS NO!: Illinois Legislature Passes Bill Requiring DuPage County to Follow the Law
- NJ: NJ Voting-machine trial: Plaintiffs' witnesses
- NY: District suspects voting machine error
- NY: Johnstown officials blame machine for defeat of bus garage proposal
- PA: Voters cause some machines to falter
- PA: UPDATE: Few voters, even fewer troubles at polls
- PA: Minor voting problems reported
- PA: Voting helps rehabilitation for state’s former inmates
- TN: Commission picks new administrator
- TN: Tennessee: Senate to vote on delaying new paper ballot rules
- TX: House Dems start slow rebellion over voter ID bill
- TX: Voter ID fight continues, expected to intensify
- TX: Oh Say Can Yu Vote?
(specific TX problems for voters with Asian names may apply nationwide)
- TX: Voter ID heating up
- TX: 50 House Democrats oppose floor ...
- VT: Markowitz encourages high-school-age voters
- WA: Is Washington’s elections record-keeping so bad it's illegal?
- WA: Legislators work to build confidence in elections
- Malawi: MISN Interim Statement on Elections
- West Africa: West Africa needs regional electoral commission
"To encourage citizen ownership of transparent, participatory democracy." The Creekside Declaration. March 22, 2008
**Articles and commentary included in "Daily Voting News" do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the editors of Daily Voting News, VotersUnite.Org, or BradBlog.Com. Articles are selected for inclusion to inform subscribers' ability to draw their own conclusions based on noteworthy and credible news, research, legislation, and debate bearing on the integrity of elections.**