Guest Blogged by Ellen Theisen of VotersUnite.org
Various aspects of Voter ID are in the news today. Texas Democrats defeated their bill. In Kansas, a candidate for Secretary of State claims it’s essential to prevent fraud....
- NAtional: Voter ID Requirements: How Far is Too Far?
- CT: House passes voter-registration bill
- CT: Same-Day Voter Registration Debated By House.
- CT: State House Approves Election-Day Registration by 81 to 65
- GA: Lawyers Committee Files Comment Letter Urging DOJ to Interpose a Section 5 Objection to a New Program for Verification of Voter Registration Data"
- GA: Rebuttal Brief in Georgia Photo Voter-ID Case Filed with US Supreme Court
- HI: Voting Drops 83% In All-Digital Election
- KS: Candidate Kobach claims widespread voter fraud
- NV: Election law changes questioned
- NY: More counties urge state to keep lever voting
- PA: Spelling out the write-ins
- TX: Democrats' intent to kill Voter ID bill a success
- TX: Transliterated name? No problem.
- WA: Bainbridge School Bond Could Turn on 'Challenged' Ballots
- Philippines: Smartmatic hurdles initial tests
(Discusses the testing procedures.)
"To encourage citizen ownership of transparent, participatory democracy." The Creekside Declaration. March 22, 2008
**Articles and commentary included in "Daily Voting News" do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the editors of Daily Voting News, VotersUnite.Org, or BradBlog.Com. Articles are selected for inclusion to inform subscribers' ability to draw their own conclusions based on noteworthy and credible news, research, legislation, and debate bearing on the integrity of elections.**