Guest Blogged by Ellen Theisen of VotersUnite.org
In Florida, Judge Richard Feder ruled in favor of Broward County’s Supervisor of Elections Brenda Snipes. In violation of her agreement, Snipes failed to post notices telling voters that a vote for one name on the ballot was actually a vote for Mardi Anne Levey. The judge decided that Snipes failure wasn’t intentional, so he didn’t hold her accountable.
The situation in Iran is demonstrating that the true measure of an election is its legitimacy – legitimacy of the results and legitimacy conferred to the government, both of which depend on the extent to which the results are believed by all parties....
- National: H.R. 2894 To amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 to require a voter-verified permanent paper ballot
- National: Navy Reservist to Run Pentagon's Voting Assistance Program
- National: EAC Board of Advisors Officers Elected
(“The new officers are Jim Dickson of Washington, D.C., chair; Keith Cunningham of Ohio, vice chair; and Terri Hegarty of Michigan, secretary.”)
- National: 83 Percent of Americans Support Voter ID Requirement
- AZ: Election at a Draw, Arizona Town Cuts a Deck
(A most transparent runoff.)
- CA: Court Upholds Injunction in Voting Machine Case
- CA: Owner of registration company pleads guilty to voter fraud
- FL: Broward elections chief not at fault over judge candidate's loss
- HI: The state Office of Elections may close 66 voting precincts on O’ahu for the 2010 elections to cut election costs during a recession.
- OH: Ohio settles lawsuit from 2004 election; Challenge filed in Toledo questioned system's legality
- OH: A Win For Ohio Voters
- OH: What LWVO v Brunner Settlement Means for Ohio Voters
- OH: Secretary Brunner Calls On Legislature To Preserve Federal Funding
- PA: Proposed law would end Pennsylvania's closed primaries
- TX: Tax dollars being wasted on frivolous voting suits
- TX: Bay Area Houston: Leo Vasquez whines in an OP-ED
- TX: Elections bill could reduce problems from voters
- India: Are electronic voting machines tamper-proof?
- Iran: Iran's senior ayatollah slams election, confirming split
- Iran: Opposition leader Mousavi calls for mass rally Thursday in direct challenge to Iran government
- Iran: The Voting Manipulation Industry in Iran by Mehdi Khalaji
- Iran: Obama's Iran Abdication
- Iran: New Protest Builds as Iran Expands Its Crackdown
- Iran: Zafar Bangash on Iran's Elections
"To encourage citizen ownership of transparent, participatory democracy." The Creekside Declaration. March 22, 2008
**Articles and commentary included in "Daily Voting News" do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the editors of Daily Voting News, VotersUnite.Org, or BradBlog.Com. Articles are selected for inclusion to inform subscribers' ability to draw their own conclusions based on noteworthy and credible news, research, legislation, and debate bearing on the integrity of elections.**