Guest Blogged by Ellen Theisen of VotersUnite.org
Today's news has a lot of variety, including commentaries and speculation about the Iranian election and the pending Supreme Court decision on the Voting Rights Act...
- National: A John Linder attempt to defund the Voting Rights Act
- National: Senator Leahy: “Striking Down the Voting Rights Act Would be Conservative Activism Pure And Simple”
- National: Senators Warn Court Against 'Activism' on Voting Rights Law
- National: Wyle Laboratories, Inc - Draft Test Plan Documents for Unisyn OpenElect Voting System (Release 1.0)
- CA: Head of CA GOP Voter Registration Firm Pleads Guilty to Voter Registration Fraud
- CA: Two nearly identical proposed initiatives to require photo voter ID, and other election-related matters.
http://www.sos.ca.gov/el.../2009/june/09094km.pdf\" target="_blank">http://www.sos.ca.gov/el...df/2009/june/09095km.pdf http://www.sos.ca.gov/el...df/2009/june/09094km.pdf
- CA: Death by a thousand cuts: California legislators take aim at state’s initiative process
- CA: California Constitution Initiative Constitutional Amendment
- CA: Community Still Missing the Boat on Voter Registration
- FL: Fla. justices strike signature revocation law
- KS: Voter fraud claims tough to prove
- MA: Recount leaves Mendon election results the same
("Town Clerk Margaret Bonderenko said the machines were acting strangely that day, but did not think a recount would make a big difference in the results." - Diebold optical scan)
- MD: Chevy Chase considers allowing legal aliens to vote in elections
- OH: Election settlement troubling
- PA: EDITORIAL: Black Panther double standards
- WA: Reed's claim of full compliance contradicted by flawed voter database
- Iran: Iran election turnouts exceeded 100% in 30 towns, website reports
- Iran: Iran body to hear vote complaints
- Iran: Are You Ready for War with a Demonized Iran?
- Iran: Iran accuses U.S. of role in election crisis
(No Iranian official is quoted as accusing the U.S. in this article.)
- Iran: Robert Fisk: Secret letter 'proves Mousavi won poll'
- Iran: Unconvincing (to me) Use of Benford's Law to Demonstrate Election Fraud in Iran
- Iran: What Do We Really Know About Iran’s Election?
- Philippines: Poll automation can fail due to human factors
"To encourage citizen ownership of transparent, participatory democracy." The Creekside Declaration. March 22, 2008
**Articles and commentary included in "Daily Voting News" do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the editors of Daily Voting News, VotersUnite.Org, or BradBlog.Com. Articles are selected for inclusion to inform subscribers' ability to draw their own conclusions based on noteworthy and credible news, research, legislation, and debate bearing on the integrity of elections.**