Oh, sure. They laughed when Matt Drudge responded as follows to Vice-Dictator Biden's remarks last week that Dictator Obama may propose "executive action" to be taken in addition to his recommendations to Congress for new gun safety measures...
But now that Herr Obama has maniacally and tyrannically signed 23 gun-grabbing executive
orders actions today (all listed below), without anybody's permission, who's laughing now?
Certainly not Washington Times Columnist Emily Miller:
Or Fox News Radio Host Todd Starnes:
Or super-genius Republican "voter fraud" crusader Matthew Vadum who, as ever, has his thumb firmly on the pulse of America and courageously said this afternoon, out loud, what we are all thinking today!:
So, for the record, courtesy of comrade Rick Ungar at leftist rag Forbes magazine, here are the 23 scandalous, shocking, outrageous, gun-grabbing, tyrannical, impeachment-worthy executive actions --- and freedoms lost --- that Dictator Obama signed today...
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Outrageous! Shocking! What about Liberty?!
As comrade Ungar notes at the end of the above list: "It does not appear that any of the executive orders would have any impact on the guns people currently own --- or would like to purchase --- and that all proposals regarding limiting the availability of assault weapons or large ammunition clips will be proposed for Congressional action. As such, any potential constitutional crisis, or charges that the White House has overstepped its executive authority, should be mooted."
Well, maybe. But that's only because gun-grabber Ungar is clearly little more than a naive tool of King Obama's tyrannical administration!
UPDATE: And...as if the above isn't tyrannical enough, Reichmaster Obama has also proposed these following new measures to Congress! Congress! Where they must be approved by a majority vote (except in the Senate, where they must be approved by a two-thirds vote, thanks to the filibuster) as part of our careful, Constitutional system of checks and balances in both the U.S. House and Senate and then pass Constitutional muster in our judiciary system if they are challenged by any citizen!
- Require criminal background checks for all gun sales. (a.k.a. closing the "gun show loophole.")
- Reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban.
- Restore the 10-round limit on ammunition magazines.
- Protect police by finishing the job of getting rid of armor-piercing bullets.
- Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun crime.
- End the freeze on gun violence research.
- Make our schools safer with more school resource officers and school counselors, safer climates, and better emergency response plans.
- Help ensure that young people get the mental health treatment they need.
- Ensure health insurance plans cover mental health benefits.
End the Congressionally imposed freeze on gun violence research?! Is he a power-hungry mad-man?! If this isn't an impeachment-worthy dictatorship, we don't know what is!
Save us, NRA!
It's important to note that former Dictators Reagan, Bush Sr. and Clinton all supported the most controversial measures listed above concerning background checks, the assault weapons ban and limitations on high-capacity magazines. But, as Erich Pratt of Gun Owners of America made clear to Andrea Mitchell on MSNBC just after Obama's dictatorial actions today, Reagan only supported those measures "in his later years". In other words, as HuffPo's Ryan Reilly helpfully translates Pratt for us: "Reagan only supported gun control because he was senile."