Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Advanced Voting Solutions has now told three Pennsylvania counties that they have decided not to go any further with federal testing of their voting system, a requirement by the state before any voting system can be certified for use there. The question is all about a change to software that was required by the state. Rather than not take the path required by PA law, AVS has decided to argue with the state that the change is not consequential and does not require federal testing and certification. Rather than scream bloody-murder county election officials seem ready, willing and able to give AVS a pass as they talk about how much they like AVS’s voting machines. What is wrong with these people and when will they wake up and realize AVS is scamming them?...
- NAtional: Opinion - A new poll tax?
Election fraud isn't a problem, but the Supreme Court may OK an ID law that burdens poor and minority voters.
- NAtional: U.S. High Court Accepts Voter ID Case, Ohio SOS Says Law Helps GOP "Vote Cage"
- NAtional: U.S. House investigates floor vote
Actions of Rep. Michael McNulty during a close ballot are under scrutiny
- NAtional: Select committee on ‘stolen vote’ issues findings
- CA: GOP electoral initiative dealt major blows
Two key consultants for an effort to change California's winner-take-all system quit over money and disclosure woes.
- CA: Alameda County - Judge orders failed Berkeley marijuana measure returned to ballot
- CA: Alameda County – Berkeley: Election Nullified Based On Misconduct by Election Officials
- CA: Alameda County - Berkeley pot bill put on 2008 ballot after judge nullifies results
- CA: Alameda County - Judge voids results of Berkeley measure on medical pot
- IN: Marion County - County clerk promises smoother election
- PA: Voting machines up in air
- PA: Mercer County - County, UniLect discuss lawsuit over voting machines
Seek to limit costs; company may fold
- PA: Mercer County - Commissioners OK voting machines warranties
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**