Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
A recent study by Missourians for Honest Elections, of St. Louis County call center sheets and maintenance logs filed by election board technicians at the polls last Feb. 5, revealed interesting data. 181 problems were reported and of those reports 89 (essentially 50% of the problems) involved the voting machine voter verified paper audit trail printers. The problems ranged from 36 votes not appearing at all on the paper trail to failure to print, loose cables, jammed paper, and “printer error.” We want to save DREs by installing a vvpat printer. Why?
Mesa Co Colorado election officials were prepared to defy any orders from the state not to use their iVotronic voting machines in Nov. In fact, while the machines were decertified by the state the county purchased 130 more of the DREs. Now the county is hat-in-hand in front of the county commission asking for a whopping $5,759 per month for storage for those 130 new machines. If they were using optical-scan they would not need the extra storage and could probably cut down on the amount of storage they are using. It takes far less room to store one optical scan machine per polling place than it does all of the DREs needed to serve the county’s polling places....
- NAtional: "Emergency" Bill Tries to Make Electronic Voting More Accurate, But Will It?
- NAtional: Internet Voting is Too Risky for Public Elections
- NAtional: Helpless, Helpless, Helpless
- CA: California review of the ES&S AutoMARK and M100
- CO: Storage cost jumps for voting machines
- CT: Procedures Alone Insufficient For Effective Election Audits
- CT: Connecticut: Coalition Releases 2nd Post-Election Audit Report
- IA: Editorial - A more uniform system
- IA: E-Vote: Iowa Governor Signs Voter Machine Legislation
- IA: Lee County - New voting machines in county's future
- IN: Rokita wants voting machine vendor to pay up
- KS: Strictness a sticking point in voter ID bill
Democrats urge a softer stance to avoid veto from gov.
- LA: Voting-sites change passes committee
- MA: More democracy now
Why Beacon Hill should allow same-day voter registration
- MO: Opinion - Is Missouri's voting technology headed for a crash?
- MS: Voter ID: Up for the Final Count
- OH: Cuyahoga Co. review leaves few unscanned primary votes uncounted
- PA: Election systems could face problems, official says
- PA: Mercer County - County, UniLect asking judge to settle question
- PA: Wayne County Democrats up 11 percent
- TX: Comal County - Nathan Macias Suing Over Vote Count
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**