Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
The unbelievable is still happening in Palm Beach Co Florida. The county counted, re-counted by machine all previously machine counted ballots and recounted by hand all under and over voted ballots. The recounts showed that thousands of ballots were suddenly missing from the original count totals. A search was carried on by elections officials, police and fire personnel. That search found all of the missing ballots plus more. Now, under orders from the courts, a new recount is underway. The machine recount has added votes for both candidates from the original count, 227 ballots more than election officials reported were cast during the primary and 29 more ballots than officials said they had in their possession after the search and ballot count. Supervisor of Elections Arthur Anderson didn’t show up for the search or the re-recount that is still going on today and will probably not finish until tomorrow. He called in sick. Probably the right move and maybe he should just resign and let someone else fix the problems....
- National: Opinion - Deron Snyder: Would-be voters could be victims of election fraud
- FL: A Redo Of Flori-Duh
- FL: ‘Caging’ letter: Are Republicans trying to disqualify Collier, Lee Democrats?
- FL: Florida Could Again Muddle Race for White House
New Voting Laws, Untested Machines Might Be Factors
- FL: Palm Beach County - Recount in judge race heads into second day
Election staff moves carefully after miscounts
- FL: Palm Beach County - Abramson leads by 115 votes in second recount
- GA: Hall County - Election workers say they're ready for the crowds
Recent report predicts record numbers and potential problems at the polls
- MO: Boone County - Noren: Voting machines no problem here
- MS: Opinion - Ballot flap: Partisans aside, let's move on
- OH: Explosive Events Happening in King-Lincoln v. Blackwell Case
- OH: Battle brewing in Ohio over voting-record discrepancies
- OH: Can Obama Win and Lose Ohio at the Same Time?
Experts' Affidavits Filed on Ohio 2004 Lawsuit Say Republican Cyber Operatives Could Heist 2008 Election in Replay of 2004 Surprise
- PA: Opinion - Voting 'reform'
- TX: Travis County prepares e-voting ballots for November
- VA: Troutville voters will find a blank ballot
All of the candidates for mayor and town council missed the deadline to get their names on the ballot.
- WI: Voters’ rights are in danger
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**